How to do safe cooking during covid-19? Cooking during the COVID-19 pandemic What should I pay special attention to? Today, we have a great advice on how to cook food to be far away from disease from UNICEF Thailand. Let me tell you.
How to do safe cooking during covid-19 , touching and preparing food
Although there is no evidence that people are infected with COVID-19 from food or food containers But it’s also possible to get infected by touching a contaminated surface or object and touching your face with your hands.
The greatest risk is when you are in close contact with other people outside the home, such as when going out to buy food or picking up food delivered to your home. (When picking up food delivered in an area with an epidemic of COVID-19), so you must maintain a distance of at least 2 meters from others, wear a cloth mask or a surgical mask when outside. And wash your hands often. As always, maintain hygiene when handling food to prevent any foodborne illnesses.
Food packaging and precautions
- Dispose of unnecessary packages and packages in a covered bin.
- Pour the food out of the box into a clean plate and discard the box in the trash.
- Wipe the canister clean with disinfectant before opening or storing it.
- Wash unpackaged items such as fruits and vegetables under running water.
- Wash your hands with soap and water or alcohol gel immediately when finished.
food hygiene tips
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before preparing food.
- Separate cutting boards for chopping raw meat or fish.
- Cook food at the right temperature.
- Store perishables in the refrigerator or freezer. Keep an eye on the expiration date of food products.
- Recycle or dispose of food containers or food waste properly, clean and hygienic. Don’t accumulate too much that it lures animals into your home.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before eating. You should also supervise your children to follow suit.
- Use clean dishes and cutlery.