The concept of keto vegans is almost similar to keto. Is to eat as little carbohydrates as possible. Focusing on fat and protein. But the fat that keto vegans choose to eat is vegetable fat. Healthy fats Including other vegan food as follows.
1. Coconut products You can eat coconut oil, coconut milk, and various coconut products.
2. Vegetable oils such as palm oil, nut oil, avocado oil, coconut oil, olive oil, etc.
3. Nuts and seeds such as almonds, walnuts, chia seeds, macadamias, pumpkin seeds, etc.
4. Peanut butter, plant-based butter such as almond butter, sunflower seed butter, etc.
5. Organic Yeast
6. Low starch vegetables such as green leafy vegetables, spinach, kale, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, cabbage.
7. Various mushrooms
8. Agricultural protein, plant protein such as white tofu, tempeh, etc.
11. Berries (edible, but should limit the amount)
12. Condiments such as stevia, lemon juice, salt, pepper, various spices and fresh herbs.
13. Soy Milk
14. Almond Milk
15. Pistachio Milk
16. Plant-based cheeses such as soy milk cheeses or nut cheeses.
17. Tea, coffee, cocoa without sugar, creamer or honey
However, the proportion of food intake should focus on eating vegetable fats. Protein and carbohydrates should be eaten in moderation. According to the keto vegan principle And in addition to the five macronutrients, people who eat keto vegans should also consider foods that contain these important nutrients.
- omega 3 fatty acids
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin D
These nutrients are often found in animal products. But because the keto vegan formula will not eat meat. So if getting these nutrients from plants is not enough. It may be necessary to take vitamin supplements to avoid malnutrition.